New York, N.Y.
For our most recent release we have teamed up with our friends Manready Mercantile out of Houston, Texas. As an early adopter of the brand Knickerbocker and an avid supporter of our community as a whole, we could not be happier to shake hands and bring this together.
We started with inspiration from the adorned "French Blues" chore coat. For silhouette, we took Knickerbocker's service chore coat, an item based loosely off that of the USMC N-3 Utility Fatigue coats. For authenticity sake we hit up our friends in Japan for yardage on their shuttle loomed, PFD (prepared for dye), herringbone cotton twill. A twill almost identical in comparison to that of the French & USMC coats. For the buttons we brought in the iconic laurel wreath, single star, tack buttons, which were prominently used throughout USMC wear as a symbol of good luck. Once everything is in, we move to assembly.
Fabric: 9oz. Japanese herringbone cotton twill woven on a shuttle loom & washed down for a soft hand and vintage look.
Buttons: USMC single star, laurel wreath "good luck" tack buttons in a tin finish.
Thread: Tex 60 in natural and over dyed in indigo.
Label: Produced on 1950's needle loom.
- Construction is a double needle felled chain-stitched seam.
- Pockets are your classic trio patch pocket combo with the left chest featuring a pen pocket stitch.
- Placket identification label is individually stamped on a cotton & linen selvedge and numbered.
- Collar is a notch collar to be worn up or pressed down for a formal look.
- Tailored work fit.
- Dry clean or wash on cold and dry on low.